Friday, April 11, 2008

New Bag...

I really love the bag that Rachel brought me from Chile. The only problem is that I washed it. And so now I am going to have to rebuild it. But while I am working on fixing it, I needed something else to use. So after much intense thought and trial and error, I made my own version of the bag.


It has all my favorite features from the bag Rach gave me. The zippered pocket that goes all the way down the back. (And yes people, that is my first ever zipper installation that wassn't in a home ec class!)


It took me almost a full week of thought and trial runs with scrap fabric to figure out some of the techniques for this bag. It is completely lined. (The bad Rach gave me isn't lined on the back of the zipper pocket.) That took some figuring out.


And I ran the strap all the way under the bag to give it better support. I tend to load my bags up here. Carry everything but the sink.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Good job. I'm so glad you're working on projects like this. Isn't it fun to make things without a pattern? It's seriously a logic puzzle. I love figuring that stuff out. Good job.

    ReplyDelete