Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Pockets are HARD!

I love these denim capris! They fit great, look good and are really comfortable.


BUT... the pockets are crap. They are really more decorative than functional. If you can actually get anything to fit in them, it just falls out.


This is all the space that there is in the pocket. Very bad pocket design. They just added a piece of fabric the the front of the pants that had a hole for you to put your hand in. This makes it VERY VERY hard to actually make this into a functional pocket. BUT I did it. Well at least one.


It took a lot of thinking to figure it out and then a lot of hand stitching through denim. (There was NO way to get it into the sewing machine.) But now it is a functional fabulous pocket. And you can't tell any difference from the front. It only took me ALL day to do one. Maybe the other one will go faster tomorrow. Sheesh.

~~~~~~~~~ UPDATE Apr 11, 2008 ~~~~~~~~~~~~
I still haven't finished this.... the first pocket was so stinkin hard. If I'm not careful it will become a UFO and I refuse to have 1 more!! Maybe tomorrow....

1 comment: