Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Getting organized for the next big project

While I was home I picked up supplies for my next big project. I love the quilt store and miss it already. So much to see and drool over! And occassionally buy. Anyway, I went shopping with mom and found this great quilt project.

(I have been coloring in the block patterns to try and get a better idea of the color schemes for each block.)

I am really excited about this project. I am using batiks and hand dyed fabrics. I went on a crazy fat quarter shopping spree to get all the fabric that I needed for this. (Well and a few extras!!) The project calls for 60 fat quarters in a variety of colors. THANK YOU MOM for spending so much time helping figure out colors!! Today I got my fabric all washed and Grace ironned it all. (I told her that she really didn't have to iron it, and that I would do it. She just kept ironning.) Then I sorted the color groups all back out and got them all put into labeled bags to keep them clean and contained.


Now even if I get distracted and don't get back to this project for QUITE a while, I will still be able to pick right up and continue. I am excited to start making the individual blocks. I think I will probably use the spare bed to start laying them all out as I make them. Then as I start laying it all out I will decide if it is to busy with all the batiks. I bought some black fabric to use as sashing if it starts to get to busy. I can almost guarantee that the final product won't exactly match the instructions picture. (And not just because I am still learning this quilting thing.) I like to take things and make them my own. It will be interesting to see how this project turns out in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment